Contend Earnestly: Thank You for the Prayers and Update on Dad

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thank You for the Prayers and Update on Dad

I have been overwhelmed with the amount of people around the world praying for my father. It is humbling to say the least. When my dad went into the hospital it was 50/50 whether he would live or die, and if the doctors were honest, they would have said that the probability of death was more likely than him living. The problem? God's will was for him to live.

When I spoke to a doctor yesterday, he said that my father is at the point of just waiting for him to recover. They expect a full recovery, now it is just a waiting game. Although they said "anything can happen" they expect everything to be fine.

Amazing to see God's hand at work here, and for my sake, and my family's sake, we are glad to have him a bit longer to poke fun at.

Again, thank you so much for the prayers and know that God is good even if my father would have died. He is in control, not us. God knows what is best for us, not us.

Soli Deo Gloria.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your dad is doing well and expected to make a full recovery. I'll continue to pray for him. God is good!

Bob Hayton said...

Praying for you Seth. Just found out. Praise God for his grace.

Bob

Related Posts with Thumbnails