Contend Earnestly: Paedo vs. Credo: It's On!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Paedo vs. Credo: It's On!

Ok...so not as serious as one might think. Because March Madness is on, I thought I would throw out a bet idea to my buddy, and preacher extraordinaire, Tim Lien. Although he sprinkles anything that moves, I still very much like his preaching but I keep my kids away in fear that he will try and attack them with water under the banner of the covenant. We are both in another March Madness pool together and I decided to throw out this bet idea, and he, being a little off his rocker, took it.

So here is what is going to happen. If I win, he has to make a sign, hold it up, take a picture and place it on his blog. It will look something like this:
If he wins, which is as likely as seeing a Presbyterian preach without a suit on, I will show off this sign on this blog:

I will keep everyone up to date after each day on who is winning. Should be a great way to settle the Paedo vs Credo debate once and for all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of the sudden I feel that UT Chattanooga was not a prudent Final Four selection.

(Which my 3r old boy actually selected this morning as we were going through the brackets)

Start thinking of a sweet backdrop, Seth. Bring it!

Tiffany Y. said...

Shouldn't that be "Armenian?" q :

Seth McBee said...

Tim...if only that was true...:)

Tiffany...

I don't know what q: means...I am dumb...

But, just in case...

No...I meant the spelling...Armenian is a nationality, Arminian are crazy people who don't know how to read their bibles :)

Anonymous said...

Ah - what a topic - we will never see the end of it... an unwinnable debate until our Lord returns...

Children of the covenant now.... now first question for your friend - does grace run in genes? Seems that paedo-baps get hung up on children who become covenant breakers... as if baptism somehow confers special status to children of believers.


Don't take Seth too seriously though - he doesn't really believe that Arminians are crazy people.... just dearly beloved who somehow can't read what is written in plain Hebrew and Greek, or English (or whatever your tongue may be). (Oh the title of crazy must go to rabid premillenial dispensationists who must be having a hay day with the current financial crisis in USA).

Anyway - may the best man win... where is this debate taking place?

Anonymous said...

Oh Seth - if you can open this can of worms how about another when you're finished: young earth creation vs old earth/framework view, and when that's done - open theism.... That's your next challenge!

Seth McBee said...

After the first day:

Tim: 13

Seth: 10

I picked VCU over UCLA...I did this because everyone in the bracket is from Cali, well almost everyone...so I knew that I could have a huge advantage if the upset happened...it didn't and it isn't looking good so far...

The only upside? I still have all my sweet sixteen teams in so far.

Go Utah State!

Seth McBee said...

Dino...
Please read the post again...

Anonymous said...

.... oh - I see MM... something peculiar to North Americans. I follow cricket actually, and my money is on South Africa at the moment.


Anyway - my initial response would still be worth pursuing.

Jake said...

Seth - You're just hanging out w/ the wrong Presbyterians bro, I know at least six PCA dudes that don't wear suits to preach.

And I won't try to chase down your kids and sprinkle 'em as long as you don't insist on dunking me if I ever try to become a member at a Baptist church ;).

Anonymous said...

The issue of credo-paedo and unfortunately Mark Dever has overstated the case:

http://blog.9marks.org/2009/03/the-sin-of-infant-baptism-written-by-a-sinning-baptist.html

Looks like you're on the right side.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails