Contend Earnestly: Latest Books Received

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Latest Books Received


I have received some books in the mail that I will be reading within the next month if all goes well. Some I have ordered for personal reading, some I received from Crossway to review. Currently, I am reading "Can God Be Trusted?" and I have to say I have not been too impressed so far with this reading. Below you will find my list of books (in no particular order) I will be reading. Let me know if you have any thoughts on any of the books or if there are any you would like moved to the top of my list to read, because it interests you.



Facing Tyson, Kluck, Ted (Ted's Blog and co-author of Why We're Not Emergent)









7 comments:

Chase... said...

It will be interesting to hear the report on "How to argue like Jesus".

Anonymous said...

Seth, I have 3 book recommendations for you. Limiting Omnipotence by David Dunlap, The Glory of the Ages by David Dunlap and Getting the Gospel Right by C. Gordon Olson. The Dunlap books are dispensational and non-reformed (biblical). I would be interested to hear your case against them.

Seth McBee said...

Jooky. or Junk...or JJ

Before I consider reading those books, I would need to know who you are...

And you make me laugh inside with the reference to non-reformed thought as biblical...

I needed some comedy before the weekend started

:)

Anonymous said...

Seth,
Please, please, please read *God Gave Wine*. It is nothing short of fantastic. I would be very interested to hear your response/reaction....over a frothy pint of chilled fermented grains swilled with laughter, joy, and much praise to our God.
Grace, Peace, and rock&roll, Tim

Seth McBee said...

Tim.
Funny you should mention that.

I just got done with God Gave Wine and also How to Argue Like Jesus. I will be putting up reviews today or tomorrow. I have to be careful, because I don't want my blog to become a book review blog only. I try to combat this by putting up reviews on the same day that I also put up blog posts.

Anyways...thanks for stopping by...and you are right...the book was fantastic.

Anonymous said...

ok, one more book. Entertaining, yet, quite historical: Drinking with Luther and Calvin. by Jim West. it is out of print, but it is still readily available in used paperback.

Seth McBee said...

Tim.
Yeah...one of my buddies just told me about that book...will have to take a look some time.

I will read it up if you will start picking up Armageddon Now.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails