Contend Earnestly: Holy Hip Hop

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Holy Hip Hop

I love stealing from John Piper's Desiring God ministry. It wouldn't be hard to convict me of these crimes against them. So, why stop now. I saw the below video over there and I liked it, so in good total depravity form, I stole it. Enjoy.

Desiring God's Description of video:

In this interview, Thabiti Anyabwile reflects on what he calls "holy hip hop" and its connection to the resurgence of Reformed Theology in African-American and urban churches.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This seems to be something catching on with African Americans in the Reformed context. I suppose it falls under the concept of redeeming the culture. I'm sure many will go with old argument of the melody of Amazing Grace was a bar tune, etc...

I'm disappointed in this brother because I thought only the "younger" guys were going in for this.

I thought this was supposed to be one the more intellectual brethren.

Well not all of us are buying this. I am more or less like Bill Cosby in one of the Cosby show episodes:

You can have a dinner with steak with all the trimmings, but then serve it on a garbage can lid..

That's my take on this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails