Contend Earnestly: Before Continuing Series

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Before Continuing Series

Before continuing the series on this refutation of Dr. John Goetsch, I wanted all to know that I have tried to email Dr. Goetsch on three different emails to tell him of this series to make sure that he is fairly represented. I have had one comment on another blog questioning my method, which was retracted after I gave my reasoning (and this individual is someone who I have had good conversations with before, so no worries). Anyways, the reason for this refutation is the same reason that Christ refuted the Pharisees and Sadducees in public, why Paul called out certain individuals in his epistles (Hymenaeus and Alexander in 1 Timothy 1:20 to give an example) and also John did the same with Diotrephes in 3 John 9. These were all that were teaching false doctrine to the public, in public. I believe that the complete misrepresentation of Calvinism that was mailed, in Newspaper form, to most Baptist churches in the United States needed to be spoken out against. I am not calling Dr. Goetsch a heretic nor am I saying that he is a non-Christian, as I do not know him personally, but the way that he handled this column was very disappointing, and in my opinion, very hateful. If there are any other questions on why this refutation was written please comment freely. If you would like to email Dr. Goetsch to try and give attention to this refutation you can email him at:

john.goetsch@lancasterbaptist.org
john.goetsch@westcoastbaptist.edu

Thanks for your interest and I hope that this refutation is for God's glory and not my own.

1 comments:

David Ponter said...

Hey Seth,

If you care to give the okay to Josh, to give me your email address, I can send you some info on sins of the world etc.

David

Related Posts with Thumbnails