Contend Earnestly: My Index of Personal Orthodoxy

Monday, May 10, 2010

My Index of Personal Orthodoxy


For whatever reason, people today love to throw around the term heretic, wolf and false teacher. They really don't understand what is essential for belief, and what is to be worked out in our sanctification through our differences of thought because of culture, background or hermeneutical school of thought. People seem to not understand how to stand shoulder to shoulder with people that have the essentials of the faith, yet might differ in superfluous (although still important) theological convictions. What I have found interesting in studying Scripture is how much the apostles left the sanctification and growth of new followers of Jesus to the power and wisdom of God, not man. People would ask, "How shall I be saved?" For the most part, this came after a clear presentation of the redemptive Gospel, but the response was almost always the same, "Repent and believe." (or something very close to this every time) What I have found very interesting through this study is that the one thing that was always presented was redemption, then repentance and belief. People have decided that they want others to present the gospel in a wider way, yet in the New Testament, and especially in Acts, it was mainly, redemption (through the death and resurrection of Jesus), repentance and belief. That's it.

So, with this in mind, I figured that I would just put a quick index of my posts on the Five Solas of the Reformation and also my posts (they aren't finished yet) on my small commentary on the Nicene Creed. If after reading this, you find myself or my church, to be heretics or wolves, I honestly believe that you aren't fighting against us, but against the historic orthodox church of God. Know that I am not perfect in my commentary or writing, but you'll see that what I write (and believe, along with my church) is historic in its roots and orthodox in it's beliefs.


The Nicene Creed:

Introduction

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

The Five Solas of the Reformation:

Introduction

Sola Scriptura: Part 1

Sola Scriptura: Part 2

Solus Christus: Part 1

Solus Christus: Part 2

Sola Gratia: Part 1

Sola Gratia: Part 2

Sola Gratia: Part 3

Introduction to Sola Fide

Sola Fide: Part 1

Sola Fide: Part 2

Soli Deo Gloria: Part 1

Soli Deo Gloria: Part 2





0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails