Contend Earnestly: The Nicene Creed: Part 2

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Nicene Creed: Part 2


and of all things visible and invisible (Colossians 1:15-16; Eph 1:10; John 1:3; Rom 11:36; 1 Cor 8:6)

Here is where we start to get the specifics on creation and through whom all things were created, namely through and by Jesus Christ. He is called the first of all creation, not because he was created, but because he is preeminent and before all things. Everything and everyone we can see, and everything and everyone we cannot see were created specifically through Jesus Christ. I believe in the person of Jesus Christ, whom all things were created.

and in one Lord, Jesus Christ (Acts 11:17; Romans 5:11; 15:6; 16:20; Eph 1:15; Phil 4:23; 1 Thess 5:9; Jude 4; 21)

Jesus is the one whom I follow. I am his disciple and He is my Lord. He teaches me by His words and His actions how to fully glorify God who is in heaven. He has always been before me and will always be above me. I surrender my life to Him knowing that He bought me with a price. I am not my own but I am His. I am only His because God loved me first, and through the grace of God I am allowed to be a follower of Jesus. He is my Master, I am His servant. I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ.

Son of God (Matthew 14:33; 16:15-17; 26:63-64; Mark 3:11; 5:7; Luke 1:35; 4:41; Luke 22:70; John 1:34,49; 11:4; Acts 9:20)

Jesus, my Lord, is also the Son of God. He is not called the "Son of God" because The Holy Spirit and Mary had sexual relations, as Mormons believe, nor was there any sort of sexual relations between the Father and Mary as some Muslims think we believe. Jesus, is the Son of God, because he was born of the Spirit of God and has no earthly father. He is also the Son of God, because the title itself is closely related to the term "Christ" or "Messiah". He is the long awaited Messiah from the line of David, which started with Adam, who was first called the son of God in Luke 3:38. Adam, our first father failed in the garden and we have been awaiting for the Messiah, the Son of God, from the line of David to come ever since. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah.

begotten of the Father before all ages (John 1:2; 1:18; 3:16-18; 8:24; 1 John 4:9)

Jesus is eternal. He, like the Father, can only be described in his truest form as "I AM Who I AM." (John 8:24) Jesus exists because of Himself, because of the Godhead. He is not created and is called "begotten" because there is only one of His kind. There is no other. He is the only true Son of God, the only Messiah, the only true Christ, the only One who can explain God perfectly for us to see. He is called the radiance of God's glory (Hebrews 1:3) because He shows us who God is, because He has always been, the same today, yesterday and forever. I believe in the Son of God, the Messiah, who was begotten of the Father before all ages.

Light of Light (Psalm 27:1; 18:28; Is 60:20; Mic 7:8; John 1:4; 9:5; 12:35,46)

In the Old Testament God was referred to as "light". From this, the Light is called "my salvation" by David. Through Jesus, salvation has come. Jesus calls himself the Light of the world, He is the one whom those that are in darkness will come to salvation through for the glory of God. Because Jesus is described as "I AM" He is also referred to as being the Light, who proceeds from the Light. Those found to be against God are said to be in darkness. Being that Jesus is perfect and is the great I AM, He has no darkness in Him at all and not only is He in the Light, He IS THE LIGHT. I believe in the Light of Light.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails